This book is a perfect starting point for monitoring with Zabbix. Even if you have never used a monitoring solution before, this book will get you up and running quickly, before guiding you into more sophisticated operations with ease. You’ll soon feel in complete control of your network, ready to meet any challenges you might face.
Beginning with installation, you’ll learn the basics of data collection before diving deeper to get to grips with native Zabbix agents and SNMP devices. You will also explore Zabbix’s integrated functionality for monitoring Java application servers and VMware.
Beyond this, Zabbix Network Monitoring also covers notifications, permission management, system maintenance, and troubleshooting – so you can be confident that every potential challenge and task is under your control. If you’re working with larger environments, you’ll also be able to find out more about distributed data collection using Zabbix proxies.
Once you’re confident and ready to put these concepts into practice, you’ll find out how to optimize and improve performance. Troubleshooting network issues is vital for anyone working with Zabbix, so the book is also on hand to help you work through any technical snags and glitches you might face. Network monitoring doesn’t have to be a chore – learn the tricks of the Zabbix trade and make sure you’re network is performing for everyone who depends upon it.
Who This Book Is For
If you’re new to Zabbix look no further than this book. It will show you how to put your sysadmin knowledge to work with Zabbix 3.0 so you can experience the full impact of this useful and increasingly popular tool.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Zabbix
- Find out how Zabbix’s features let you monitor your network with confidence and precision
- Learn how to monitor SNMP devices
- Manage hosts, users, and permissions while acting upon monitored conditions
- Visualize data with the help of ad-hoc graphs, custom graphs, maps, and reports
- Simplify complex configurations and learn to automate them
- Monitor everything from web pages to IPMI devices and Java applications to and VMware stats
- Troubleshoot any network issue – fast