Ansible provides a clear and concise way to manage the configuration of your Linux infrastructure. It can help in making your infrastructure more maintainable, quicker to deploy, and easier to understand.
“Ansible Configuration Management” will take you from your very first command all the way to extending the very capabilities of Ansible itself. It takes a practical approach with hands-on examples, which ensures that the readers walk away with all the knowledge and skills they will need to harness Ansible.
“Ansible Configuration Management” starts with an explanation of the basics and builds the readerâ€™s knowledge through step-by-step guidelines.
The book concentrates on discussions related to realistic worked examples. Using this approach we discuss how to perform ad-hoc actions, script actions together to set up services, and how to script more complicated tasks. The discussion carries onto explanation of organising your configurations for large deployments and warps up with examples of how to extend the capabilities of Ansible.
“Ansible Configuration Management” provides the knowledge you require to effectively manage your systems in a simple, quick, and maintainable way.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure your systems and services with Ansible
- Use Ansible command line tools to interrogate systems
- Script Ansible to perform multiple actions with one command
- Build maintainable configurations for large environments
- Learn how and when to use advanced features of Ansible
- Use an inventory that is dynamically generated
- Understand the use of Ansible roles to split your configurations into logical parts
- Extend the functionality of Ansible by writing your own module