Building an RPG with Unity 5.xPDF Download for free:
Unity is one of the most cutting-edge game engines in the world. Developers are looking for the best ways to create games of any genre in the engine. This comprehensive guide on building an RPG with Unity teaches you high-end techniques currently used in developing modern games – the tips, tricks, and techniques can be applied to your own role RPG.
We begin with an introduction to, and the fundamentals of, RPG games. Moving further, you will learn the necessary parts of building an RPG, such as structuring the game environment, customizing characters, controlling the camera, and designing other attributes like inventory, weapons, and so on.
We also cover designing levels of the game by adding more features to it and making the game more interesting. You will also learn how to get around the obstacle of networking in Unity and be able to implement Multi-Player mode for your RPG games.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build upon core the RPG framework elements to create your own game experience.
What you will learn
- Construct a framework for inventory, equipment, characters, enemies, quests, and game events
- See how to load and unload scenes and assets
- Create multiplayer game settings for our RPG
- Design a UI for user input and feedback
- Enhance Game Master to handle all aspects of the RPG
- Develop a custom pathfinding system
- Implement AI for character and non-character players