Beginning EJB in Java EE 8 Book Description:
Build powerful back-end business logic and complex Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)-based applications using Java EE 8, Eclipse Enterprise for Java (EE4J), Web Tools Project (WTP), and the Microprofile platform. Targeted at Java and Java EE developers, with or without prior EJB experience, this book is packed with practical insights, strategy tips, and code examples. As each chapter unfolds, you’ll see how you can apply the new EJB spec to your own applications through specific examples.
Beginning EJB in Java EE 8, 3rd Edition serves not only as a reference, but also as a how-to guide and repository of practical examples to which you can refer as you build your own applications. It will help you harness the power of EJBs and take your Java EE 8 development to the next level. You’ll gain the knowledge and skills you’ll need to create the complex enterprise applications that run today’s transactions and more.
What You’ll Learn
- Build applications with Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs) in the new Java EE 8 platform
- Discover when to use EJBs over contexts and dependency injection
- Use message-driven beans to do tasks asynchronously
- Integrate EJBs with microservices using the new Eclipse Microprofile project
- Manage complex enterprise transactions and much more
Who This Book Is For
Java programmers new to enterprise development and for those who may have experience with EJBs but are new to Java EE 8, EE4J, and related Eclipse projects.