Develop enterprise portals with Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c software and enrich those applications with social computing services, including discussions, documents, blogs, wikis, tags, and links. This book covers all functionalities and aspects from a developer, architect, and administrator point of view.
Enterprise portal technology is used for creating intranet and extranet portals which enhance collaboration within a company. The book is intended to complete and fill in the gaps of the official documentation from an administrator and developer perspective.
Beginning Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c provides an overview of the architecture behind Oracle WebCenter Suite and the Oracle Fusion Middleware platform. Sample code written in Java is included along with best practices developed from the authors’ experience of using Oracle WebCenter Portal for building enterprise portals.
- Enterprise Portal and Oracle WebCenter Portal concepts
- Basic administrator knowledge
- Basic developer knowledge
- Overview of the tools and services offered by Oracle WebCenter Portal
- How to develop Portal Assets using JDeveloper IDE
- How to develop new components(Portlets JSR-286 and ADF Task Flows) using JDeveloper IDE
- REST API integration with Portal
- Enterprise content management with Portal