Welcome to Building Web Apps with Go! If you are reading this then you have just started your journey from noob to pro. No seriously, web programming in Go is so fun and easy that you won’t even notice how much information you are learning along the way!
Keep in mind that there are still portions of this book that are incomplete and need some love. The beauty of open source publishing is that I can give you an incomplete book and it
is still of value to you.
To keep this tutorial small and focused, I’m assuming that you are prepared in the following ways:
- You have installed the Go Programming Language.
- You have set up a GOPATH by following the How to Write Go Code tutorial.
- You are somewhat familiar with the basics of Go. (The Go Tour is a pretty good place to start)
- You have installed all the required packages
- You have installed the Heroku Toolbelt
- You have a Heroku account