Cisco UCS CookbookPDF Download for free:
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) is a data center server platform that is used for computing, deploying, and storing resources in data center environments.
This cookbook aims to teach you about various tasks you can implement to improve your existing method of configuring and deploying UCS. You will start by learning how to upgrade your firmware on Brocade and Cisco Fibre Channel Switch and will move on to enhance your knowledge of LAN connectivity. We will then discuss how to configure Windows 2008 and 2012 local boot in Cisco UCS. Next, you will learn how to install the operating system on Cisco UCS and use Cisco UCS Power Calculator to calculate the UCS consumption. Finally, we’ll take a look at backup solutions.
By the end of the book, you will know several ways to build and compute in data center environment using Cisco UCS.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with information on the latest information on memory management practices, virtualization architectures, and the specific technical advantages of UCS
- Get a concrete understanding of integrating processes and techniques to ensure effective convergence of LAN/SAN
- Get to know the best practices of Cisco UCS, EMC Storage, and VMware vSphere
- Master migrating data from other band servers or Blade to Cisco UCS
- Comprehend how to replicate and back up UCS to remote sites UCS
- Assimilate innovative techniques to deploy UCS to leverage its full potential
- Gather information on installing and configuring automatic and manual Pinning
- Discover ways to integrate a system in Cisco UCS