Cocos2d-X by Example Beginner’s GuidePDF Download for free:
Cocos2d-x is the C++ port of arguably the most popular open source 2D framework in the world. Its predecessor was limited to the Apple family but with Cocos2d-x you can take your applications to all major app stores, with minimum extra work. Give your games a larger target audience with almost no extra hassle.
“Cocos2d-X by Example Beginner’s Guide” allows you to build your own cross platform games using all the benefits of a time tested framework, plus the elegance and simplicity of C++.
Each of the six games developed in this book will take you further on the road to becoming an expert game developer with no fuss and plenty of fun.
Follow six tutorials for six very different games that leverage the ease of Cocos2D-X and its quick implementation, moving from simple ideas to more advanced topics in game development.
In easy-to-follow steps, the book teaches you how to take full advantage of the framework by adding animations and special effects, implementing a physics engine, and optimizing your games.
Prepare your project for multiple platforms and learn how to take your game concepts to completion.
“Cocos2d-X by Example Beginner’s Guide” will present to you, in six different games, the topics necessary to build some of the most popular and fun types of games today.
What you will learn from this book
- Make your games look cooler with particle effects
- Create place holder sprites to quickly test your game ideas
- Load external data into your games
- Build game menus and tutorials
- Implement game-wide events with notifications
- Create a dash game with a textured terrain
- Build a Box2D puzzle game with multiple levels
- Create a hybrid iOS and Android project