In over 100 pages, you will learn to create and use widgets using Dashcode. Widgets are simple, typically small applications for a specific purpose, such as a weather report, a calculator, a stock quote, and the like that reside on the Mac Dashboard. Building these before Dashcode was time consuming though not hard; but now, you can whip up a Widget fast. Creating Mac Widgets with Dashcode teaches you how.
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- The fast and easy way to learn to build Widgets. You’ll be building Widgets in an hour.
- Dashcode makes widget development simple.
What you’ll learn
- Basics of Dashcode development
- Using templates
- Including user input in your Widget
- Using scripting with your Widget
- Importing data into your Widget
Who this book is for
Anyone interested in taking a shot at doing widgets. Widgets are easy and are quite popular, so there are a lot of hackers interested in doing it. Widgets can be built for a user’s specific needs, and you don’t need to be a programmer to do it.