Eclipse Plug-in Development Beginner’s Guide, Second EditionPDF Download for free:
Eclipse is used by everyone from indie devs to NASA engineers. Its popularity is underpinned by its impressive plug-in ecosystem, which allows it to be extended to meet the needs of whoever is using it. This book shows you how to take full advantage of the Eclipse IDE by building your own useful plug-ins from start to finish.
Taking you through the complete process of plug-in development, from packaging to automated testing and deployment, this book is a direct route to quicker, cleaner Java development. It may be for beginners, but we’re confident that you’ll develop new skills quickly. Pretty soon you’ll feel like an expert, in complete control of your IDE.
Don’t let Eclipse define you – extend it with the plug-ins you need today for smarter, happier, and more effective development.
What you will learn
- Create plug-ins for Eclipse 4.x
- Test plug-ins automatically with JUnit
- Display tree and table information in views
- Upgrade Eclipse 3.x plug-ins to Eclipse 4.x
- Find out how to build user interfaces from SWT and JFace
- Run tasks in the background and update the user interface asynchronously
- Automate builds of plug-ins and features
- Automate user interface tests with SWTBot