Get acquainted with GCP and manage robust, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive business objective
- Identify the strengths, weaknesses and ideal use-cases for individual services offered on the Google Cloud Platform
- Make intelligent choices about which cloud technology works best for your use-case
- Leverage Google Cloud Platform to analyze and optimize technical and business processes
Google Cloud Platform for Architects Book Description
Using a public cloud platform was considered risky a decade ago, and unconventional even just a few years ago. Today, however, use of the public cloud is completely mainstream – the norm, rather than the exception. Several leading technology firms, including Google, have built sophisticated cloud platforms, and are locked in a fierce competition for market share.
The main goal of this book is to enable you to get the best out of the GCP, and to use it with confidence and competence. You will learn why cloud architectures take the forms that they do, and this will help you become a skilled high-level cloud architect. You will also learn how individual cloud services are configured and used so that you are never intimidated at having to build it yourself. You will also learn the right way and the right situation in which to use the important GCP services.
By the end of this book, you will be able to make the most out of Google Cloud Platform design.
What you will learn
- Set up GCP account and utilize GCP services using the cloud shell, web console, and client APIs
- Harness the power of App Engine, Compute Engine, Containers on the Kubernetes Engine, and Cloud Functions
- Pick the right managed service for your data needs, choosing intelligently between Datastore, BigTable, and BigQuery
- Migrate existing Hadoop, Spark, and Pig workloads with minimal disruption to your existing data infrastructure, by using Dataproc intelligently
- Derive insights about the health, performance, and availability of cloud-powered applications with the help of monitoring, logging, and diagnostic tools in Stackdriver
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Cloud architect who is responsible to design and manage robust cloud solutions with Google Cloud Platform, then this book is for you. System engineers and Enterprise architects will also find this book useful. A basic understanding of distributed applications would be helpful, although not strictly necessary. Some working experience on other public cloud platforms would help too.
Table of Contents
- The Case for Cloud Computing
- Introduction to GCP
- Compute Choices: VMs and the GCE
- GKE, AppEngine and Cloud Functions
- Google Cloud Storage: Fishing in a Bucket
- Relational Database
- NoSQL Databases
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed Hadoop With Dataproc
- Load Balancing
- Networking in GCP
- Logging and Monitoring
- Infrastructure Automation
- Security on the GCP
- Pricing Considerations
- Effective Use of the GCP