Design, operate and troubleshoot advanced Cisco IP multicast in enterprise, data center, and service provider networks
IP Multicast, Volume II thoroughly covers advanced IP multicast designs and protocols specific to Cisco routers and switches. It offers a pragmatic discussion of common features, deployment models, and field practices for advanced Cisco IP multicast networks, culminating with commands and methodologies for implementation and advanced troubleshooting.
After fully discussing inter-domain routing and Internet multicast, the authors thoroughly explain multicast scalability, transport diversification, and multicast MPLS VPNs. They share in-depth insights into multicast for the data center, a full chapter of best-practice design solutions, and a start-to-finish troubleshooting methodology designed for complex environments.
Reflecting the authors’ extensive experience with a service provider and enterprise networks, IP Multicast, Volume II will be indispensable to IP multicast engineers, architects, operations technicians, consultants, security professionals, and collaboration specialists. Network managers and administrators will find its case studies and feature explanations especially valuable.
- Understand the fundamental requirements for inter-domain multicast
- Design control planes for identifying source and receiver, as well as the downstream control plane
- Support multicast transport where cloud service providers don’t support native multicast
- Use multicast VPNs to logically separate traffic on the same physical infrastructure
- Explore the unique nuances of multicast in the data center
- Implement Virtual Port Channel (vPC), Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), and Cisco’s
- Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Design multicast solutions for specific industries or applications
- Walk through examples of best-practice multicast deployments
- Master an advanced methodology for troubleshooting large IP multicast networks