Learning Buildbox 2 Game DevelopmentPDF Download for free:
Buildbox is an “any skill level” development platform to develop video games with no coding experience. It also exports these games to be compiled for any platform (from Windows to Mac to iOS to Android and Blackberry) all using the same graphic user interface.
Using an example as a tutorial, we will relate the driving principles and you’ll see how you can implement these principles to develop any games on the platform. We begin by setting expectations and providing a brief overview of the software. But it’s not long before you “dive in” to creating your first video game. You will actually have a playable level (“world”) by the end of the second chapter.
Later on, you’ll learn everything from basic graphics creation to advanced world design while you refine your first game, called “Ramblin’ Rover.” All along the way, you will see how certain functions could be used in tandem to create other types of games; hoping to spark imagination. We will follow the principles and process of monetization through ads and in-game rewards.
Lastly, we will go through the process of exporting, compiling, and preparing your storefront to sell the games you will eventually create.
What you will learn
- Create the illusion of a 3D background in your game using parallax
- Add advanced controls and obstacles to our first world
- Develop assets (graphic and audio) for the Buildbox engine
- Design games based on the capabilities and limitations of Buildbox and their target platforms
- Compile and distribute video games on various channels such as Steam, iOS store, Android stores, and the Mac App Store