Managing Risk and Information SecurityPDF Download for free:
This updated version describes, at a high level, the evolving enterprise security landscape and provides guidance for a management-level audience about how to manage and survive risk. While based primarily on the author’s experience and insights at major companies where he has served as CISO and CSPO, the book also includes many examples from other well-known companies.
Managing Risk and Information Security provides thought leadership in the increasingly important area of enterprise information risk and security. It describes the changing risk environment and why a fresh approach to information security is needed. Because almost every aspect of an enterprise is now dependent on technology not only for internal operations but increasing as a part of product or service creation, the focus of IT security must shift from locking down assets to enabling the business while managing and surviving risk.
This edition discusses business risk from a broader perspective, including privacy and regulatory considerations. It describes the increasing number of threats and vulnerabilities and offers strategies for developing solutions. These include discussions of how enterprises can take advantage of new and emerging technologies―such as social media and the huge proliferation of Internet-enabled devices―while minimizing risk.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn how enterprise risk and security requirements are changing, and why a new approach to risk and security management is needed
- Learn how people perceive risk and the effects it has on information security
- Learn why different perceptions of risk within an organization matters, and why it is necessary to understand and reconcile these views
- Learn the principles of enterprise information security governance and decision-making, and the other groups they need to need to work with
- Learn the impact of new technologies on information security, and gain insights into how to safely enable the use of new technologies