Automation is critical to success in the world of DevOps. How quickly and efficiently an application deployment can be automated, or a new infrastructure can be built up, can be the difference between a successful product or a failure. Ansible provides a simple yet powerful automation engine. Beyond the basics of Ansible lie a host of advanced features which are available to help you increase efficiency and accomplish complex orchestrations with ease.
This book provides you with the knowledge you need to understand how Ansible works at a fundamental level and leverage its advanced capabilities. You’ll learn how to encrypt Ansible content at rest and decrypt data at runtime. You will master the advanced features and capabilities required to tackle the complex automation challenges of today and beyond. You will gain detailed knowledge of Ansible workflows, explore use cases for advanced features, craft well thought out orchestrations, troubleshoot unexpected behaviour, and extend Ansible through customizations. Finally, you will discover the methods used to examine and debug Ansible operations, helping you to understand and resolve issues.
What You Will Learn
- Understand Ansible’s code and logic flow
- Safeguard sensitive data within Ansible
- Access and manipulate complex variable data within Ansible playbooks
- Handle task results to manipulate change and failure definitions
- Organize Ansible content into a simple structure
- Craft a multi-tier rollout playbook utilizing load balancers and manipulating your monitoring system
- Utilize advanced Ansible features to orchestrate rolling updates with almost no service disruptions
- Troubleshoot Ansible failures to understand and resolve issues
- Extend Ansible with custom modules, plugins, or inventory sources