Deliver great business value by adopting the virtualization platform VMware vSphere 6.5, from design to deployment
- This new edition is based on vSphere 6.5 and covers new features in different areas, including management, security, scalability, availability and more
- Design, deploy and manage VMware datacenters
- Implement monitoring and security of VMware workloads with ease
Mastering VMware vSphere 6.5 Book Description:
VMware vSphere 6.5 provides a powerful, flexible and secure foundation for next generation applications which helps you create effective digital transformation. This book is based on VMware vSphere 6.5 which empowers you to virtualize complex applications with ease.
You’ll begin by getting an overview of all the products, solutions and features of the vSphere 6.5 suite, comparing any changes with previous releases. Next, you’ll design and plan a virtualization infrastructure to drive planning and performance analysis. Following this, you’ll proceed with workflow and installation of components. New network trends are also covered which will help you in optimally designing the vSphere environment. You will also learn the practices and procedures involved in configuring and managing virtual machines in a vSphere infrastructure. With vSphere 6.5, you’ll make use of significantly more powerful capabilities for patching, upgrading, and managing the configuration of the virtual environment. Next we’ll focus on specific availability and resiliency solutions in vSphere.
Towards the end of Mastering VMware vSphere 6.5 book you’ll discover how to save your configuration, data and workload from your virtual infrastructure. By the end of the book you’ll have learnt about VMware vSphere 6.5 right from design through to deployment and management.
What you will learn
- Get a deep understanding of vSphere 6.5 functionalities
- Design and plan a virtualization environment based on vSphere 6.5
- Manage and administer a vSphere 6.5 environment and resources
- Get tips for the VCP6DCV and VCIX6DCV exams (along with use of the vSphere 6 documentation)
- Implement different migration techniques to move your workload across different environments
- Save your configuration, data and workload from your virtual infrastructure
Who This Book Is For
If you’re an administrator, infrastructure engineer, IT architect, or an IT consultant and analyst who already has basic knowledge of VMware vSphere and now want to master it, then this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Evolution of VMware vSphere Suite
- Design and Plan a Virtualization Infrastructure
- Analysis and Assessment of an Existing Environment
- Deployment Workflow and Component Installation
- Configuring and Managing vSphere 6.5
- Advanced Network Management
- Advanced Storage Management
- Advanced VM and Resource Management
- Monitoring, Optimizing, and Troubleshooting
- Securing and Protecting Your Environment
- Lifecycle Management, Patching, and Upgrading
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Advanced Availability in vSphere 6.5
- Data and Workloads Protection