Mockito EssentialsPDF Download for free:
Whether you are new to JUnit testing and mocking or a seasoned Mockito expert, this book will provide you with the skills you need to successfully build and maintain meaningful JUnit test cases and effectively mock external dependencies. At the beginning, this book deals with dummy and fake objects and then moves on to exploring stubs followed by an example on spying. Then, it will show you how to make legacy code testable, mock external dependencies using Mockito, and write testable code for greenfield projects. You will also gain an insight on the concepts of Service-oriented Architecture (SOA) as well as understand how to unit test RESTful web services with Mockito. By sequentially working through the steps in each chapter, you will quickly learn the features of Mockito.
Mockito Essentials will ensure your success with these concepts, tools, and frameworks.
What You Will Learn
- Explore test doubles and work with dummy, spy, fake, stub, and mock objects
- Uncover the Mockito architecture and build a custom mocking framework
- Mock, stub, and spy external code dependencies using Mockito
- Practice Behavior-driven Development (BDD) with Mockito
- Make legacy code testable by mocking and spying dependencies
- Mock GWT and web service dependencies using Mockito
- Discover argument captors, inline stubbing, and resetting mock objects