If you’re looking for step-by-step instructions for learning a PC, PCs Just The Steps For Dummies, 2nd Edition, has exactly what you need. Author Nancy Muir knows how to get PC beginners up to speed in a hurry, the fun and easy way.
No lengthy theory here; Just the Steps For Dummies books focus on the steps necessary to accomplish key tasks. From the most basic things like turning on your PC and setting the date and time to setting up and using a wireless network, you’ll find simple steps that lead to great results. You learn how to:
- Set up your computer
- Work with the Start menu
- Navigate Windows Vista
- View the contents of a drive with Windows Explorer
- Create a password
- Play movies with Windows Media Player
- Set up your Internet connection
- Send and receive e-mail
- Browse the Web with Internet Explorer
- Work with sound and video
- Set up a wired Ethernet network
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware
- Run Windows Update, and many more common PC tasks
It’s easy to find what you want to know because every chapter lists the tasks it covers and the page on which each can be found. Tasks are presented with numbered steps and plenty of illustrations that show you what you should be seeing on your screen. PCs Just The Steps For Dummies, 2nd Edition gets you going with that new PC in no time, and it’s a great reference to keep handy.