This book is a practical, hands-on guide that equips you with all the essential skills needed to effectively use JMeter to test web applications using a number of clear, step-by-step recipes.
The book starts with the basics of performance testing and teaches you how to go about recording your first test. The book then focuses on distributed testing, teaching you how to configure master and slave nodes as well as leverage the cloud and launch AWS instances. The book ends with some tips and best practices with regard to performance testing such as how to use the debug sampler, H2 database, dummy sampler, and MongoDB sampler, among others.
By the end of the book, you will have learned how to take full advantage of the real power behind Apache JMeter, quickly taking you from a novice to an expert.
What You Will Learn
- Set up and prepare Apache JMeter for testing
- Record test scenarios or create them from scratch
- Test RESTful web services
- Effectively monitor resources during performance tests
- Build realistic, comprehensive, and maintainable test plans
- Understand distributed testing using Vagrant, AWS, Flood.io, and BlazeMeter
- Extend JMeter functionality through plugins
- Understand and effectively use JMeter components to achieve testing needs