Pro ASP.NET MVC 2 Framework, 2nd EditionPDF Download for free:
Author Steven Sanderson has seen the ASP.NET MVC Framework mature from the start, so his experience, combined with comprehensive coverage of all the new features, including those in the official MVC development toolkit, offers the clearest understanding of how this exciting new framework can improve your coding efficiency. With this book, you’ll gain invaluable up-to-date knowledge of security, deployment, and interoperability challenges.
The ASP.NET MVC 2 Framework introduces a radical high-productivity programming model that promotes cleaner code architecture, test-driven development, and powerful extensibility, combined with all the benefits of ASP.NET 3.5.
In this book, the core model-view-controller (MVC) architectural concepts are not simply explained or discussed in isolation, but are demonstrated in action. You’ll work through an extended tutorial to create a working e-commerce web application that combines ASP.NET MVC with C# language features and unit-testing best practices. By gaining this invaluable, practical experience, you’ll discover MVC’s strengths and weaknesses for yourself—and put your best-learned theory into practice.
What you’ll learn
- Gain a solid architectural background to ASP.NET MVC 2, including MVC and REST concepts.
- Explore the entire ASP.NET MVC Framework and take a detailed look at the official MVC development toolkit.
- See how it works with test-driven development in action.
- Capitalize on your existing knowledge quickly and easily through translation and comparison of features in classic ASP.NET to those in ASP.NET MVC.
- Learn about the latest security and deployment issues, including IIS 7.0.