WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is aimed at three groups of readers:
- Experienced server-side web application developers looking to move more heavily into the client side using the world’s most popular front-end library
- Novice to intermediate jQuery developers looking to expand their jQuery knowledge into more advanced topics
WHAT THIS BOOK COVERS
Professional jQuery provides a developer-level introduction to jQuery as well as providing an in-depth look at more advanced features.
Starting with the first part, the book offers an in-depth introduction to jQuery fundamentals, selecting elements, manipulating to the DOM, and binding and reacting to browser events.
The book focuses on features available as of jQuery 1.7.1, but tries to make note of feature support in older versions of the library wherever relevant.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS BOOK
jQuery supports the following web browsers. You’ll need one of them to run the samples provided with the book:
- Firefox 3.6, Current – 1 version
- Internet Explorer 6+
- Safari 5.0.x
- Opera Current – 1 version
- Chrome Current – 1 version