Puppet for ContainerizationPDF Download for free:
This book teaches you how to take advantage of the new benefits of containerization systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, and Docker UCP, without losing the panoptical power of proper configuration management.
You will learn how to integrate your containerized applications and modules with your Puppet workflow. You will also understand how to manage, monitor, and orchestrate hosts to keep deployed containers running seamlessly. With the help of this book, you can efficiently automate and document with containers, as a part of your system.
The book will also cover use cases of deploying Puppet within a containerized environment.
What you will learn
- Write Puppet modules to build Docker
- Create Docker Compose templates with .erb files
- Get to know the architecture of Docker schedulers
- Create a Docker network and service discovery framework
- Build a fully functional Docker scheduler with Puppet
- Make Docker production ready with Puppet