Selenium Design Patterns and Best PracticesPDF Download for free:
Selenium WebDriver is a global leader in automated web testing. It empowers users to perform complex testing scenarios with its simple and powerful interface.
This guide will provide you with all the skills you need to successfully create a functional Selenium test suite. Starting from the very beginning of the Selenium IDE, this book will show you how to transition into a real programing language such as Ruby or Java. You will quickly learn how to improve your code quality with refactoring and the skills needed to plan for the future development of your website to future-proof your test suite. With ample test examples running against a life-like e-commerce store and detailed step-by-step code review and explanations, you will be ready to test any challenge web developers might throw your way.
This book is intended for anyone who wants to create a test suite that is easy to maintain by expanding your knowledge until you feel truly confident and comfortable with Selenium.
What You Will Learn
- Control Selenium WebDriver within any major programing language such as Java, Ruby, Python, and .NET
- Learn how to implement a simple test script or a complex Page Objects framework
- Set up each test to automatically deal with AJAX and jQuery
- Remove test instabilities by blocking third-party services
- Deal with data uncertainties by using fixtures, JSON APIs, and API stubbing
- Improve your test suite continuously by refactoring code and using the DRY principle
- Stabilize your tests by using patterns such as the Action Wrapper and Black Hole Proxy patterns