Identify and fix causes of poor performance. You will learn Query Store, adaptive execution plans, and automated tuning on the Microsoft Azure SQL Database platform. Anyone responsible for writing or creating T-SQL queries will find valuable insight into bottlenecks, including how to recognize them and eliminate them.
This book covers the latest in performance optimization features and techniques and is current with SQL Server 2017. If your queries are not running fast enough and you’re tired of phone calls from frustrated users, then this book is the answer to your performance problems.
SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning is about more than quick tips and fixes. You’ll learn to be proactive in establishing performance baselines using tools such as Performance Monitor and Extended Events. You’ll recognize bottlenecks and defuse them before the phone rings. You’ll learn some quick solutions too, but the emphasis is on designing for performance and getting it right. The goal is to head off trouble before it occurs.
What You’ll Learn
- Use Query Store to understand and easily change query performance
- Recognize and eliminate bottlenecks leading to slow performance
- Deploy quick fixes when needed, following up with long-term solutions
- Implement best practices in T-SQL to minimize performance risk
- Design in the performance that you need through careful query and index design
- Utilize the latest performance optimization features in SQL Server 2017
- Protect query performance during upgrades to the newer versions of SQL Server
Developers and database administrators with responsibility for application performance in SQL Server environments. Anyone responsible for writing or creating T-SQL queries will find valuable insight into bottlenecks, including how to recognize them and eliminate them.