Get a fast start to using AlwaysOn, the SQL Server solution to high-availability and disaster recovery. This second edition is newly-updated to cover the 2016 editions of both SQL Server and Windows Server. Also in this edition is all-new content on troubleshooting and metadata. The book provides a solid and accurate understanding of how to implement systems requiring consistent and continuous uptime, as well as how to troubleshoot those systems in order to keep them running an reliable.
Begin with an introduction to high-availability and disaster recovery concepts such as Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), Recovery Time Objectives (RTO), availability levels, and the cost of downtime. Then move into detailed coverage of implementing and configuring the AlwaysOn feature set in order to meet the business objectives set by your organization.
SQL Server AlwaysOn Revealed offers real-world advice on how to build and configure the most appropriate topology to meet the high-availability and disaster recovery requirements you are faced with. Content includes strong coverage on implementing clusters, on building AlwaysOn failover clustered instances, and on configuring AlwaysOn Availability Groups. This is a practical and hand-on book to get you started quickly in using one of the most talked-about SQL Server feature sets.
- Teaches you to build HA and DR solutions using the AlwaysOn feature set
- Provides real-world advice on configuration and performance considerations
- Demonstrates administrative techniques for the AlwaysOn feature set
What You Will Learn
- Understand high availability and disaster recovery in SQL Server 2016
- Build and configure a Windows Cluster
- Create and configure an AlwaysOn failover clustered instance
- Implement AlwaysOn Availability Groups and appropriately configure them
- Administer AlwaysOn technologies post implementation
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with misbehaving systems
Who This Book Is For
Database administrators interested in growing their knowledge and skills in Microsoft SQL Server’s high-availability and disaster recovery feature set.