Testing and Securing Android Studio ApplicationsPDF Download for free:
Today, mobile applications are increasingly being used to access the Web. Mobile developers play a key role in how consumers access the Web with millions of people depending on them to create secure and functional applications. This book, beginning with the fundamentals of Android security, will guide you through the process of creating a secure and debugged application. We will look at the Android Studio development environment and take you through the steps needed to protect your local data and secure your network communications.
Initially covering the threats, risks, and vulnerabilities in software and in the Android environment, this book will then dig deeper, exploring different types of authentication methods that can be adopted in your Android application. You will be introduced to techniques and classes to test your application, before finally learning about supporting tools that will help you to improve your application.
By the end of this book, your Android application will be debugged and secure and you will be able to apply what you’ve learned to further application projects.
What You Will Learn
- Control the execution of your Android application by working with the debugging environment in Android Studio
- Mitigate the existing vulnerabilities in Android applications
- Create unit tests to verify the state and behavior of an activity
- Use local storage and encryption appropriately to preserve the privacy of your application data
- Ensure that communications between your applications and external servers are safe by protecting network connections
- Choose the appropriate authentication method for your Android application
- Set up the test environment to create test cases
- Create functional tests to check the interaction between components