Zend Framework 2 Application DevelopmentPDF Download for free:
Zend Framework 2 has a flexible architecture that lets us build modern web applications and web services easily. It also provides an easy-to-use, high quality component library that is designed to be used the way you want.
It’s easy to get started and produce a powerful and professional looking website with Zend Framework 2 Application Development. Exploring real life applications, we will explore the Zend Framework 2 components, as well as throwing some light on best practices and design concerns faced when building complex MVC applications.
Zend Framework 2 Application Development is a hands-on guide to building your application.
We will explore the components of this new version of the framework and discover how to use each component, the options available, and how to get the most from each component. Whilst learning everything you need to know, we’ll even create our own social network.
We will also learn to engineer an application using an API-centric approach, broadly used today to build applications that work seamlessly on desktops, mobiles and tablets. We will learn how to filter and validate data, interact with databases to retrieve and store data, handle and manipulate file uploads, interact with other websites, deal with spam, and also protect your APIs using OAuth authentication whilst allowing people from all over the world to interact with your application.
Zend Framework 2 Application Development is your guide to everything you need to know to build applications of any size for big and small companies alike, whilst using the right components for the job.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with the features of Zend Framework 2’s MVC architecture
- Filter and validate data no matter what the content is
- Handle and manage file uploads
- Gather content from other websites
- Fight spam with services such as Akismet
- Pull content from RSS feeds
- Quickly build forms such as login, register, and so on.
- Protect your API layer by using authentication protocols such as OAuth
- Manage database operations
- Build web services using the latest controller types