Create, modify, and run your own PaaS with modularized containers using Docker
About This Book
- Build your own PaaS using the much-appreciated software Docker.
- Isolate services in containers to have a fully modularized and portable system.
- Step-by-step tutorials that take you through the process of creating your own PaaS.
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for those who want to take full advantage of separating services into module containers and connect them to form a complete platform. It will give you all the insights and knowledge needed to run your own PaaS.
What You Will Learn
- Create your own custom Docker images to fit your needs
- Host your Docker repositories on GitHub and publicly publish them on Docker Registry Hub
- Separate data from services using data volume containers
- Install Docker on any platform including Amazon EC 2
- Pass parameters to your containers when they start, to load different configurations
- Export and back up data from shared data volume containers
- Reverse proxy traffic to the right container using Nginx
Docker is a great tool in many ways for developers and people in DevOps.
We begin by learning how easy it is to create and publish your own customized Docker images and making them available to everyone. We also see how practical it is to separate every service to its own container. When you have published separated service containers, the process of running all kinds of platforms in the same server is a walk in the park.
This book walks you through a use case project that will teach you how to customize and create your own Docker image, allowing you to run any platform you want. The project evolves throughout the book and emerges as a complete three containers WordPress/MySQL platform when finished.
By the end of the book, you will know how to create such a container on a WordPress/MySQL platform, among others.
- Authors: Oskar Hane
- Publisher: Packt Publishing – ebooks Account
- Publication date: March 31, 2015
- Pages:129 pages
- Format: pdf
- Size: 4.88Mb