Learn to use Selenium testing tools from scratch
- Automate web browsers with Selenium Web-driver to test web applications
- Set up Java Environment for using Selenium Web-driver
- Learn good design patterns for testing web applications
Selenium automates browsers. It is primarily used for automating web applications for testing purposes.
Selenium has the support of some of the largest browser vendors who have taken (or are taking) steps to make Selenium a native part of their browser. It is also the core technology in countless other browser automation tools, APIs and frameworks.
”Selenium 2 Testing Tools: Beginner’s Guide” will help you begin with testing web applications using Selenium from scratch. From setting up the Java environment to running tests on mobile devices, it contains all the information to get a novice up and running on using Selenium. You will also learn some advanced concepts such as testing complex web applications and running tests in parallel towards the end of the book.
This book is your answer to getting started with Selenium.
This is a good technical book that walks readers through how to break down a web application to be confident to automate your favourite web application. You start with installing Selenium and the basics and then move on to using Selenium IDE for bug replication. An overview of the Web-driver is presented next followed by migrating your tests from Selenium RC to Selenium Web-driver. You will then learn to find elements on a web-page from both the driver object as well as the element object and work with the Firefox driver. You will scan through mobile support and Selenium Grid. Design patterns and advanced topics are also covered.
By the end of the book, you will feel extremely confident with tackling websites on a number of different platforms.
What will you learn from this book
- Learn the basics of breaking down a web application for testing
- Understand AJAX calls and how they work with your tests
- Create basic scripts that allow you to recreate issues quickly
- Set up Firefox Driver, Firefox profiles, and extensions
- Get your tests working on mobile devices
- Migrate your tests from Selenium RC to Selenium Web-driver
- Handle tests quicker by running them in parallel and reduce build time
This book is written in Beginner’s Guide style which emphasises the concept of learning by doing. The book is packed with examples and code so that you can get the best out of this book.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Software Quality Assurance professional, Software Project Manager, or a Software Developer interested in automated testing using Selenium, this book is for you. Web-based application developers will also benefit from this book.
- Title: Selenium 2 Testing Tools: Beginner’s Guide
- Author: Burns David
- Length: 212 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2012-10-19
- ISBN-10: 1849518300
- ISBN-13: 9781849518307