The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform is an enterprise grade, centralized management and hypervisor for server and desktop virtualization. It’s a complete virtualization management solution providing fully integrated management of your virtual infrastructures. The RHEV Platform components work seamlessly together to build your open private Infrastructure-as-a-Service cloud.
Develop a thorough understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization through this step-by-step guide. Covering invaluable information right from the initial setup to the configuration of the infrastructure, you will learn to create and manage your own virtual machine as well as master the centralized management interface for virtualized machine snapshots.
Through simple, hands-on tutorials, this book guides you through implementing and managing a virtualization infrastructure to run your mission critical enterprise workloads.
What You Will Learn
- Install RHEV Manager and RHEV Hypervisor hosts
- Set up RHEV virtual infrastructure components such as data centers, cluster, hosts, storage, and networks
- Create and manage virtual machines, snapshots, and templates
- Discover advanced storage, network features, and hotplug devices
- Manage virtualization environments from the command line
- Troubleshoot RHEV through logfiles
- Set up basic storage and directory services for RHEV