Invent Your Own Computer Games with PythonPDF Download for free:
Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python will show you how to make classic computer games in Python, even if you’ve never programmed before.
Each chapter introduces a new game as well as step-by-step explanations of how the code works. As you build games like Reversi, Hangman, Tic-Tac-Toe, Dragon Realm, Guess the Number, Jokes, Dodger, Bagels, and Sonar, you’ll learn how programmers turn their game ideas into reality. You’ll also find chapters on game refinements like collision detection and input, Cartesian coordinates, artificial intelligence simulation, sounds and images, debuggers, and cryptography, to help you take your game programming to the next level.
Learn how to:
- Combine loops, variables, input/output, and flow control statements into real working programs
- Choose the right data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples
- Debug your programs and find common errors
- Program simple artificial intelligence to create smarter adversaries
- Use graphics and animation with Pygame
- Convert plain text into secret code using cryptography
- Translate a location on screen into integers your program can identify with Cartesian coordinates