Learning iOS Forensics, 2nd EditionPDF Download for free:
Mobile forensics is used within many different domains, but is chiefly employed in the field of information security. By understanding common attack vectors and vulnerability points, security professionals can develop measures and examine system architectures to harden security on iOS devices. This book is a complete manual on the identification, acquisition, and analysis of iOS devices, updated to iOS 8 and 9.
You will learn by doing, with various case studies. The book covers different devices, operating system, and apps. There is a completely renewed section on third-party apps with a detailed analysis of the most interesting artifacts. By investigating compromised devices, you can work out the identity of the attacker, as well as what was taken, when, why, where, and how the attack was conducted.
What you will learn
- Identify an iOS device between various models (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and verify the iOS version installed
- Crack or bypass the protection passcode chosen by the user
- Acquire, at the most detailed level, the content of an iOS Device (physical, advanced logical, or logical)
- Recover information from a local backup and eventually crack the backup password
- Download back-up information stored on iCloud
- Analyze system, user, and third-party information from a device, a backup, or iCloud
- Examine malicious apps to identify data and credential thefts