Unity 5.x 2D Game Development BlueprintsPDF Download for free:
Flexible, powerful, and full of rich features-Unity 5 is the engine of choice for AAA 2D and 3D game development. With comprehensive support for over 20 different platforms, Unity boasts a host of great new functions for making 2D games. Learn how to leverage these new options into awesome 2D games by building three complete game projects with the Unity game tutorials in this hands-on book.
Get started with a quick overview of the principle concepts and techniques needed for making 2D games with Unity, and then dive straight in to practical development. Build your own version of Super Mario as you learn how to animate sprites, work with physics, and construct brilliant UIs in order to create a platformer game. Go on a quest to create a RPG game discovering NPC design, event triggers, and a bit of AI programming. Finally, put your skills to the test in a bigger challenge – designing and constructing a complex strategy game that will draw on and develop all your previously learned skills.
What you will learn
- Explore sprites and their vital role in 2D games
- Move and animate your sprites, and apply them to a 2D platformer game
- Set up a user interface that allows navigation through the 2D games
- Apply 2D physics to game objects
- Set up game events to trigger and NPCs, and create a role-playing game
- Add artificial intelligence to game characters to add some life to game NPCs
- Create 2D maps and add them to the strategy game