Maven is one of the most popular tools used to control the dependencies and to administer a Java project. Maven can be used by newbies without the need to learn complex mechanisms, but it is also a powerful tool for big projects developed by different teams and organized over different modules and repositories.
This book will provide you with all the information you need, right from managing dependencies to improving the build process of your organization. Starting with a simple project, you will create your development environment step-by-step, automatically build your code from resources (XML, DB), and package your JAR, WAR, and EAR files for different environments. Furthermore, you will learn about the complex hereditary features of Maven.
Finally, this book will benefit you by teaching Maven-Gradle and Maven-Eclipse integration using the m2e plugin, managing the Maven repository from Gradle, and building a working Maven environment from Gradle
What You Will Learn
- Discover the power of Maven with a real project and practical examples
- Develop a simple plugin to interact with databases and change the status of your bug tracker
- Get to grips with Maven dependencies
- Develop and test your own custom plugin
- Customize your package with the Maven profile
- Use the most powerful plugins to release and test your software
- Install Maven, Nexus, and Hudson to manage your code efficiently
- Build your first application with Maven, Gradle, and Android