NLP is at the core of web search, intelligent personal assistants, marketing, and much more, and LingPipe is a toolkit for processing text using computational linguistics.
This book starts with the foundational but powerful techniques of language identification, sentiment classifiers, and evaluation frameworks. It goes on to detail how to build a robust framework to solve common NLP problems, before ending with advanced techniques for complex heterogeneous NLP systems.
This is a recipe and tutorial book for experienced Java developers with NLP needs. A basic knowledge of NLP terminology will be beneficial. This book will guide you through the process of how to build NLP apps with minimal fuss and maximal impact.
What You Will Learn
- Master a broad range of classification techniques for text data
- Track people, concepts, and things in data, within and across documents
- Understand the importance of evaluation in creation of NLP applications and how to do it
- Yield best practices for common text-analytics problems
- Tune systems for high performance and trade off various aspects of the performance curve
- Become a master in customizing NLP systems at all levels
- Build systems for non-tokenized languages such as Chinese and Japanese