NetBeans has several features that greatly simplify Java EE development, but with many features and great flexibility, Java developers can become overwhelmed by the options available in NetBeans.
Java EE 7 Development with NetBeans 8 takes you through the most important parts of Java EE programming and shows you how to use the features of NetBeans that will improve your development experience through clear, careful instructions and screenshots. This book will take you through the major Java EE APIs and how to get them working in the NetBeans environment.
This is a practical guide that covers how to leverage NetBeans 8 functionality to quickly and easily develop enterprise applications compliant with the Java EE 7 standard.
What You Will Learn
- Develop Java web applications by leveraging NetBeans’ functionality
- Build standard JSF applications by taking advantage of NetBeans’ features
- Develop aesthetically pleasing JSF web applications by leveraging JSF component libraries
- Integrate NetBeans with a third-party RDBMS
- Quickly and easily develop applications taking advantage of the Java Persistence API
- Take advantage of NetBeans’ functionality to easily develop Enterprise JavaBeans, including configuring transaction management via annotations
- Utilize NetBeans to easily add messaging functionality to enterprise applications, through the Java Messaging Service API and through message-driven EJBs
- Develop SOAP-based and RESTful web services using NetBeans, including exposing EJBs’ functionality as web services