CSS is the preferred technology to design modern web pages. Although CSS is often perceived as a simple language, applying modern styles to web pages with CSS and maintaining the code for larger websites can be quite tricky.
We will take you right from understanding CSS to designing high-quality web pages in CSS3. We’ll quickly take you through CSS3’s features, and show you how to resolve common issues so you can build your basic framework. Finally, you will learn about code architecture and CSS methodologies used in scalable apps and you’ll explore the various new features of CSS3, such as FlexBox, to help you create the most modern layout methodologies. By the end of the book, you will be a master at creating pure CSS web pages and will know sophisticated web design techniques, giving you an edge over other web designers.
What you will learn
- Familiarize yourself with the concepts of CSS and the SASS pre-processor
- Get familiar with selectors to build better CSS code
- Gain knowledge on the common issues with CSS and discover the solutions
- Write scalable code using various CSS methodologies and optimization techniques
- Create a simple and reusable framework based on SASS
- Explore the various tools involved in CSS code creation